Friday, February 11, 2011


You Are MY Child!

Every morning in my quiet time with the Lord, I say to Him, 
"I am listening.  Please speak the words I need to hear today."  
For the last 2 weeks the first thought to enter my mind has been, 
"You are MY child."  
After a few days of this, I started pondering what He is trying to tell me.  What in my life needs to hear these words?  

Because I live alone, I sometimes feel like 
I don't belong anywhere.  
I know I am loved by family and friends 
but there is no one who LOVES me, 
if you understand what I mean.  
I don't have a valentine.  
Most of the time, that's okay.  
But occasionally I start feeling left out and lonely.  
I think I've been feeling that way lately maybe 
because of the holidays and Valentine's Day.

I decided to find some scriptures that spoke about being God's child.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: 
for they shall be called the children of God."
Matthew 5:9
 
"But as many as received Him, 
to them He gave the right to become children of God
to those who believe in His name:"
John 1:12
"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit 
that we are children of God,
and if children, 
then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, 
if indeed we suffer with Him, 
that we may also be glorified together."
Romans 16-17

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:26
"Look at how great a love the Father has given us, 
that we should be called God's children
And we are! 
The reason the world does not know us is that it didn't know Him." 
1 John 3:1
So maybe this is why my Heavenly Father keeps 
reminding me that I am His child.  
I do belong to Him and He loves me with an everlasting love.  
I'm not alone.  
"How great a love He's given us (me)."  
He will not discard me, abuse me, leave me, or stop loving me.  
I cannot do anything to earn His love or do anything to lose His love.  
I am His child.  
Amazing, isn't it!

 
 

No comments: