Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!"

One of my verses this morning was 1 Peter 1:8. "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:" (emphasis mine).

That's how I want to live; believing and rejoicing with unspeakable joy and full of God's glory. I want people to see the difference being God's child makes in my life. Yes, I have troubles, sorrows, and trials. Yes, there are days when I would love to be able to stay in bed. That's the human state.

I want to live by grace, not by works. I can't do anything to make myself be the kind of person I want to be. God's Spirit living in and through me makes me that person. When I allow Him to fill me up I then overflow with His love, mercy, and grace which spill out onto people with whom I come into contact.

When I allow God's Spirit to flow in and through me, I am filled with "joy unspeakable and full of glory". What a wonderful way to live!

No comments: