Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Live. Laugh. Love.
 
"A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance,
      But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 15:13
How do we have a merry heart?  
How do we keep the bad news we see, hear, and read 
every day from breaking our hearts?  
And shouldn't our hearts be broken over the sins 
that separate so much of the world from God?
These are the questions that are swirling through my mind today.  
I certainly don't have all the answers but I do know one thing.
God is in control.
Nothing happens without His knowledge and permission.
Therefore, I have decided to believe this and trust His Word.

What does this mean for my daily life?
It means that yes, my heart breaks over the injustices in this world.
It means that I spend time in prayer for hurting people around this world.
It means I seek God's leading for things I can do in my piece of this world.
It means that I act on the impulses the Holy Spirit places on my heart.

What does this NOT mean for my daily life?
It does not mean that I despair of the state of the world.
It does not mean that I wrap myself in sackcloth and ashes.
It does not mean that I do nothing to make a difference.
It does not mean that I allow my spirit to be broken.

I choose the thoughts I think.
I choose the actions I take.
I choose to allow God's Spirit to flow though me.
I choose to enjoy a merry heart.
I choose to display a cheerful countenance.

Live. Laugh. Love.
Live the life God gives you.
Laugh with joyful abandon.
Love unconditionally.
 Live. Laugh. Love.



No comments: