Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gray Hair 

The world says:

"Because I'm worth it!"

 "Does she or doesn't she?
Only her hairdresser knows for sure?"

"If I've only one life, let me live it as a blonde!"

 "Wash that gray right out of your hair!"

Gray hair!  
How our society rues that first gray hair.  
We are inundated with commercials exhorting us 
to cover them as soon as they appear.  
Women especially feel pressured 
to cover that gray so they will appear more youthful.

GOD's Word Says:

"Gray hair is a glorious crown;
    it is found in the way of righteousness."
Proverbs 16:31

Some of the most beautiful women I have known
had a head full of gray hair.
 Some of the wisest women I have known
had a head full of gray hair.
Many of these women also are examples 
of living a life grounded in faith 
and in a deeply intimate relationship with God.

GOD's Word says:

"You are to rise in the presence of the elderly and honor the old. 
Fear your God; I am the LORD."
 Leviticus 19:32
Our society pushes the elderly off to the side.
Neglect and abuse are too often prevalent in their lives.
God demands respect and honor for the elderly.
We as His children must obey His commands.
 There is so much we can learn from our Senior Adults.
Ask yourself:  "How do I treat the elderly?
Am I patient and kind?"
Remember, if God wills, we will all be elderly one day!

GOD's Word Says:

"Even to your old age and gray hairs
   I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
   I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
Isaiah 46:4 
  God promises to care for us as long as we live.
He knows the number of our days.
If He knows the number of our days, 
He knows just what we will require to live out those days.
I choose to believe His Word.
I choose to trust His promise to rescue, sustain, and carry me.
What will you choose?
"And my God will supply all your needs 
according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
 Philippians 4:19
"As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b




No comments: