Monday, February 21, 2011

 
 
I keep a lighted scented candle on my desk at work.
Many people who enter my office comment on the wonderful aroma.
I rarely notice the scent myself unless 
I'm out of my office for an extended period of time.
This led me to thinking about the aroma my life emits 
to the world in which I live.
 
What kind of scent do I emanate?  
Is it a pleasing scent?
Is it a scent that draws people in?
Or is it an odor that repels people when they smell it?
 
14But thanks be to God, 
who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession 
and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.  
15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among 
those who are being saved and those who are perishing.  
16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; 
to the other, an aroma that brings life. 
And who is equal to such a task? 
17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. 
On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, 
as those sent from God. 
2 Corinthians 2:14-17 

If I truly belong to Christ my aroma should be one that pleases Him.
My aroma should reveal Christ to those around me.
My aroma should be disturbing to those who reject Christ.
My aroma should be invigorating to those who know Christ.

What determines my aroma?
My relationship with the One who endows me with His scent.
The deeper more intimate my relationship is with Him,
the sweeter more powerful my aroma will be.
May my life's aroma reflect Jesus Christ in every way at every moment!


No comments: