Thursday, February 24, 2011




 I just began reading UPRISING by Erwin Raphael McManus.
One phrase in particular from chapter 2 jumped out at me.
"You cannot follow Jesus and remain the same." 
(pp. 34-35)

Then one of my friends on Facebook 
posted a link to a story about Francis Chan.
 This article relates how Chan left his megachurch 
without knowing exactly where God is leading him.
He and his wife are stepping out in faith even though it scares them.
He talks about how the church needs to step out and live a life that is modeled on Christ's life.

I need to take a good look at my life.
Am I allowing God to change me to be like Jesus?
Or am I afraid to be different, to be thought of as weird?

I want to be like Jesus!
I want to risk all for His kingdom.
I want the world to see Jesus in me.
Not for my sake; for His.

I so often allow fear or what others may think of me 
to keep me from stepping out in faith.
I don't want to do this anymore.
I have no idea what God is going to ask me to do.
I do believe He is preparing me for something.

I want to grow in and like Christ.

"Father, I want to be willing to step out in faith no matter the cost.
Make me a fit vessel to serve Your Kingdom.
Empty me of self and fill me with You.
In Jesus' Precious Name,
Amen

No comments: