Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hope Anchored in Jesus!
 
 
 
"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, 
both sure and steadfast, 
and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 
where the forerunner has entered for us, 
even Jesus, 
having become High Priest forever 
according to the order of Melchizedek".
Hebrews 6:19-20 
 
Anchor definition
 
 From Acts 27:29, 30, 40,  
it would appear that the Roman vessels carried several anchors,  
which were attached to the stern as well as to the prow.  
The Roman anchor, like the modern one, had two teeth or flukes.  
In Heb. 6:19 the word is used metaphorically for that which supports  
or keeps one steadfast in the time of trial or of doubt.  
It is an emblem of hope.  
"If you fear, Put all your trust in God: that anchor holds."  anchor. (n.d.). Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
Retrieved February 17, 2011, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anchor

My soul is anchored in Jesus.
What a reassuring thought.  
No matter what happens to me, my soul cannot be killed.
No matter what circumstances surround me , my soul cannot be disturbed.
No matter what storms assail me, my soul cannot be lost.

This hope that anchors my soul in Jesus is real.
This hope that anchors my soul in Jesus is precious.
This hope that anchors my soul in Jesus is steadfast.
This hope that anchors my soul in Jesus is comfort.

Faith and hope go hand in hand.
Without faith, hope is lost.
Without hope, faith is in vain.

Glory be to God!
His children are never without faith and hope.
Faith in Jesus gives us access to heavenly Father.
Hope in Jesus anchors us to our heavenly Father. 

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, 
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
through whom also we have access by faith 
into this grace in which we stand, 
and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."
Romans 5:1-2

Amen!

No comments: