Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FEELINGS

It's not being alone.
It is feeling alone.
It's not being unloved.
It is feeling unloved.

Feelings.
God created each of us with feelings.
The question is how will we use those feelings?
Will we allow them to control our lives?
Or will we allow God to teach us how to control our feelings?

First of all, do not bottle them up.
The cork will pop and you will explode.
Find someone with whom you can be totally honest.
And, yes, we can be totally honest with God.
However, sometimes we need someone with skin on.
That's why God created us with a desire for relationships.

I have discovered that years of being afraid to express my true feelings have made me a person who does bottle up things.
I have decided to allow God to change this in me and teach me how to express and deal with my feelings in a positive way.

The difficult part is to find someone you can trust 
and who will not judge you.
But isn't that what we as Christians are supposed to do.
To love each other, support each other, bear each others burdens.
So why do we so often shoot our wounded?

I'm learning to be honest with myself and others.
Not mean or petty, but honest.
Their response is not my responsibility.
My response to others is.

 Feelings are not good or bad.
It is what we do with them that counts.
When I feel lonely, I need to reach out.
I can do this by touching someone else who is lonely.
I can also do this by letting those who love me know I'm lonely.

The other side of this is to be willing to listen 
and to make a difference in someone's life.
My prayer today is:
"Please Lord, bring someone into my life who needs a listening ear 
and who will be a listening ear.
Open me to relationships You bring into my life.
Thank You for being my Friend.
Thank You that I do walk by faith and not by sight."
In Jesus' Precious Name,
Amen

"My eyes are ever on the LORD,
   for only He will release my feet from the snare.
 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
   for I am lonely and afflicted.
Relieve the troubles of my heart
   and free me from my anguish."
Psalm 25:15-17

"For we live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7


No comments: