Monday, March 28, 2011




My life verse has always been Jeremiah  29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I have claimed this verse many times over the years and it has always brought me comfort, healing, and hope.
Knowing that God has plans for me is comforting.
I have come to understand that prospering in God's way 
is different from prospering in the world.
It is also to be greatly desired.
My hope is in Him alone.
If the only hope I had was in this world, it would be in vain.
God promises me hope and a future.
A future withe Him.
Amazing!
Lately God has led me to anther verse 
that speaks not to my future but to my here and now.
 
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:17 
My life is not compartmentalized.
My spiritual, physical, emotional, financial, and mental attributes
are all mixed together.
Each one affects the others.
This verse says "whatever you do".
Not just the stuff you do on Sunday.
Not just the stuff you do for the church.
"Whatever."
"Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus."
This means that when I'm driving and someone 
does something that really irritates me, 
I am to respond as Jesus would. 
I taped this verse to my steering to remind me Who I represent.
It's made a difference in my attitude when I'm driving.
I also taped it to my keyboard at work to remind me for 
Whom I am working.

"Giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Giving thanks for the good things?
Giving thanks for the blessings?
Giving thanks when I feel like it?
No!
Again, "whatever".
Give Him thanks for all things.
I am just learning to do this.
I realize that the hard things,
the pain, suffering, wounds this world inflicts,
are the very acts that draw me to Him.
So I am truly thankful for them.
It's so amazing to me that He really has placed 
a joy unspeakable in my heart.

"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, 
though now ye see him not, yet believing, 
ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:"
1 Peter 1:8

Praise God!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Just wanted to say "I love you!" You are a wonderful inspiration to me every day. Teresa