Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doubts & Faith
 
I realized during my quiet time this morning that God allows any doubts or wondering I may have so that I will dig deeper into prayer and scripture.
When I wonder why things happen or if I really believe something, 
I can either ignore it which does no good or use it to 
fuel my hunger to know God more.
 
That's what faith is all about.
Believing what I cannot see or taste or feel.
Faith doesn't mean never doubting.
Faith is choosing to believe in spite of doubts.
Faith is giving doubts to God and letting Him answer those doubts.
  I have had times in my life when pain so overwhelmed me 
that I couldn't "sense" God's presence.
 During those times when I reached out in faith, He was there.
I can truthfully say there have been times in my life when I felt His presence.
He wraps His arms around me and 
whispers words of love and encouragement in my ears.

The world is a dark place right now.
So much evil and despair surrounds us.
But as a child of God I am not to give into this despair.
I know Who holds today and tomorrow.
And I know Who has already won the victory.
 
So if you doubt, tell God.
If you wonder, tell God.
If you despair, tell God.
He's big enough.
He can handle it.

No comments: