Thursday, March 3, 2011

Delight!

 This is one of my favorite words.

"a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment;  
joy; rapture"
"to give great pleasure, satisfaction,or enjoyment to; 
please highly"
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, 
© Random House, Inc. 2011.
 
In what do you take delight?

I delight in:
my children and grandchildren
conversations with friends  
laughter.
drinking in the sights and sounds of the ocean.
the melody of children's voices.
good Southern gospel singing.
a warm sunny day.
a spring thunderstorm
my dog welcoming me home.
 
I could list many things that bring delight to my life.
I cannot name many material possessions delight me.
I suppose my radio, CD player, and TV do 
because that's how I enjoy Southern Gospel music.
But they are just a means to an end.

My Bible brings me delight because reading it is 
one way I communicate with God.

I delight in knowing I am a child of THE KING!

"Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
 
And I delight in knowing THE KING delights in me!

"He brought me out to a wide-open place; 
He rescued me because He delighted in me."
Psalm 18:19

No comments: