Monday, March 14, 2011

Being Thankful

I've been thinking a great deal about being thankful lately.
  
I see so many people around me who are hurting 
physically, emotionally, psychologically, relationally, and spiritually.
 
The tsunami in Japan.
People starving while others throw away food.
Children and women being abused in so many ways.
Christians being persecuted for their faith.
People who are fighting for the freedoms that we take for granted.

Then I look at other happenings around the world.
The political fussing and fighting that is so ridiculous!
 So called "idols" who people listen to just because they can
maybe sing or act or "something".
Some of them are just famous "because".
And our society worships them.

You're probably wondering where the thanks is in all of this.

I am thankful I know Who has won the victory.
I am thankful for the One Who has taken care of me through all the 
ups and downs of my life.
I am thankful that God has revealed and is revealing Himself to me daily.
I am thankful that no matter what 
may happen to this body of mine as it ages,
my spirit is safe in the Father's hands.
I am thankful that God is my Father and Husband.
I am thankful that Jesus is my Savior and Best Friend.
 I am thankful the the Holy Spirit is my Guide and Teacher.

"In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid 
What can mere man do to me?"
Psalm 56: 3-5

"Lord Jesus, I worship You alone. 
Thank You for Your love, mercy, kindness, and grace.
Enable me to live more like You every day.
I Love You!
Amen"



 

No comments: