Friday, June 10, 2011




Wildflowers & Songs

"Spring flowers are in blossom all over."
Fragrant gifts God richly bestows.
Scent of lavender and clover
into the air freely flows.


Daisies and poppies, asters and sage,
primrose and hollyhock, zinnias and marigolds
sprinkle the landscape with color ablaze
lighting the horizon with a vision that glows.


"The whole world's a choir and singing!"
Choruses of praise fill the air.
Sounds of nature joyously ringing
spreading the Good News everywhere.

Crickets and toads, robins and geese,
water and rain, thunder and wind,
all raise the voices in sweet release
sounding their joy in a sweet melodic blend.

How do I join this offering of praise to my Savior?
How can my life be a sweet aroma that brings Him pleasure?
How can my life be a vision that brings Him favor?
How can my voice be a melody that He treasures ?

Simply live in and for Him each day of my life.
Rest in His loving arms that offer shelter and peace.
Cease from the world's striving and strife.
Humble myself so that He may increase.

A life well lived for Jesus each day
is all He asks from His child.
Wildflowers and songs His blessings display
in a life that is lived meek and mild.
"Lord,
May my life be 
a wildflower blooming
and chorus wafting
in praise and honor to You!"



No comments: