Monday, April 11, 2011

Scavenger Hunts

One of the highlights of my wonderful birthday week 
was courtesy of my older sister.
She spent Wednesday night with me 
and we had a great time talking 
and looking at pictures in my birthday scrapbook.
She left the next morning ending 
what was a wonderful visit.
Or so I thought.
Yesterday was my birthday.
I was getting ready to head to Mt Washington 
to go to church and celebrate my birthday 
with my daughter and her family 
when my phone rang.
After a lovely rendition of Happy Birthday, 
my wonderful sister made me write down a clue.
I obeyed (as usual :) ).
Then I spent 20 minutes tearing apart my kitchen.
Didn't find it.
Went to church and to my daughter's.
Had a wonderful time.
Got back home and there was a 
2nd clue on my answering machine.
I found that present.
Still couldn't figure out the 1st one.
Called and left her a message saying, "Help!"
She called; didn't help!
Gave me 3rd clue.
Found it.
4th.
Had trouble but found it.
5th was found.
Finally she added one word 
and gave me another hint for the first one.
Found it!!!!
Six very nice gifts.
Thank you Pat and Bill!

So why am I writing about this?
Because it seems like God uses every event of my life 
to teach me a truth.
I spent much time and effort searching for those gifts.
It was enjoyable.
Do I spend as much time searching for 
the gifts God has hidden in His Word?
Do I enjoy the search?
I am beginning to enjoy it more and more.
I enjoy spending time in His Word.
Each time I mine a new nugget of wisdom.
Each time I receive a promise that thrills me.
Try it yourself.
Do a scavenger hunt in God's Word.
You will be amazed at the treasures you find.
I know I always am!




No comments: