Thursday, April 14, 2011



I was reading scripture about the 
crucifixion of Jesus this morning 
when the scars in His hands were mentioned.
 In the devotion I was reading,
the writer spoke about how we try so hard to hide our scars,
physical, emotional, and spiritual.
Yet, often those very scars are what have made us to be 
who we were created by God to be. 

"When He had said this, 
He showed them His hands and His side. 
Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord."
John 20:20

I am very thankful Jesus doesn't hide His scars.
Without those scars I would be lost.
I wouldn't have the promise of eternal life in His presence.
Those scars are precious to me.

 I no longer want to hide my scars.
I don't want them to be used to bring pity to myself.
I want them to be used to bring glory and honor to God.
By allowing people to see my scars,
I have opportunity to share my faith.
I let them know it's okay for them to share their scars with me.
It's a very freeing way to live.

Jesus engraved my name on the palms of His hands
when the nails pierced His flesh.
 I choose to see my scars as having His Blessed Name 
engraved on my flesh.
  Praise be to the One Who 
lived, died, and lives again!

Amen 



No comments: