Monday, June 8, 2009

Prayer: A Last Resort?

I've been thinking about prayer lately. God's Word says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 (NIV). In my quiet time Saturday morning, I heard, "Turn to Me first in all things." Earlier that week I had read a prayer request to "please pray for this one item because I can handle everything else". I also hear people say, "All we can do is pray." I don't believe that is how we are to look at prayer. Prayer should be the first resort, not the last. It is the first, second, last, and best thing we can do. And we are to pray about everything. And then we are to trust that God will answer that prayer when and how He sees best. And since He sees and knows everything, His best is certainly what is best for me. So today, present your requests to God. Trust Him to do what is best and right for you. So simple. So profound.

No comments: