Thursday, June 19, 2008

Splash of Gold

I enjoy sitting in my backyard in the cool of the early morning. In the quiet of the moment I tune my heart to God's voice and seek His peace and direction for my day. During this time of solitude I especially enjoy watching and listening to the birds. The variety of God's creation always amazes me. Along with the more common type of birds such as sparrows, I often see a mockingbird, robin, or a cardinal. On this beautiful spring morning for the first time I enjoyed the company of a yellow warbler. The azure sky was a perfect backdrop for this tiny splash of gold as his melodious tones filled the morning air with a sweet sound. My heart filled with gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father Who cares so much for me that He provides little reminders of His watch care before my busy day begins. I lingered in this outdoor cathedral worshipping Him for as long as possible. As I departed to begin my day, the treasure of this beautiful experience was etched in my memory to be recalled whenever I need the reassuring touch of God's presence. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew: 6:21 (HCSB) My heart is in the presence of My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: