Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts

I have not written on here for a long time. Actually, I haven't really written anything for a long time. I've been struggling with whether I'm supposed to write and, if so, what I'm to write. I've decided several times that the writings I did were for that season of my life. But somehow, the thought that I should write sticks to me. So I've decided to just write what comes to mind and see what happens.

On Dec. 7 I had my right hip replaced. I was walking with a cane and in great pain. Some days I was tempted to ask for a wheel chair. The x-rays showed my hip joint was bone on bone. No wonder I hurt. Then the surgery! They got me up that day and the pain in my hip was gone. I couldn't believe it. The only pain I've experienced from the surgery was my incision and it has quickly healed. I can walk without pain. I can sleep at night without pain. What a blessing this is. I am so grateful for God's provision of good doctors and of healing in answer to my prayers. God is so good. All the time!

My goal for 2011 is to deepen my relationship with God. I know that I too often take Him for granted. And I make Him too small. He is God! Almighty, powerful, loving, all-knowing, merciful, forgiving, holy, awesome God! He is my Best Friend, Husband, Master, Teacher, Guide, Comforter, and Constant Companion. I want to know Him more and become the person He created me to be. That is my prayer.

"Father, You alone are God. Teach me to live in the moment You have given to me. Sweeten my spirit and open my eyes to opportunities to serve You by serving others. I am so thankful for Your abiding presence in my life. I love You! In the precious Name of Jesus, Amen."

1 comment:

Kelly Thorne said...

SO happy to see you writing again! SO thankful that the surgery was a success and that you're no longer in pain! God is SOOOOOO good!